- 2 lemons, sliced
- 1 pound fresh halibut filet
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- sea salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped Italian flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme leaves (stems removed)
- Preheat oven to 375*.
- Place the lemon slices in a baking dish.
- Rub the fish on both sides with olive oil, lightly with sea salt and pepper; finish with parsley, basil, and thyme.
- Place halibut over the lemons and bake about 15 minutes or until the fish flakes and is just cooked through.
This recipe is also adaptable for poaching the fish. Place prepared,uncooked fish on parchment paper. Top with the lemon slices. Add a splash or two of white wine. Fold the parchment paper to seal on all sides. Place in oven and bake as directed. Fish will come out deliciously flakey and flavorful.
**NOTE: The fish in the photo is grilled and fresh peas have been added as a side dish.
***SPECIAL NOTE: This recipe is from “Boost Your Metabolism” cookbook by Susan Irby The Bikini Chef. Visit the Bikini Boutique and order your autographed copy!
- Weight Loss Recipes-Halibut with Vegetables (dominicspoweryoga.com)
- Healthy Recipe Halibut in Cider (dominicspoweryoga.com)
- Healthy Weight Loss Recipes-Shrimp with Red Beans and Quinoa (dominicspoweryoga.com)
- Weight Loss Recipes-Stuffed Peppers (dominicspoweryoga.com)